INFORMATION FOR ARTISTS
ART ST is not accepting any new artists at this time. Please check back again later.
ART ST is a growing community of emerging artists based in Brisbane who now have a website to display and, hopefully, sell their art. We also promote our Artists and their art through its social media channels, various networking events and other marketing activities.
We work on a yearly membership + listing fee model rather than commissions. This means you will pay an initial upfront fee and a minimal fee for each piece of art that is listed on the website. The buyer will contact you directly, you will control the transaction. The buyer will pay you. As there are no commissions, you will receive the total sale amount.
- Promotion of you and your art on a website that can be found in Google searches
- No commissions – just an annual subscription fee and a listing fee for each piece of artwork displayed on the website. Selling one painting worth $500 will cover your costs and everything else you sell after that goes straight into your pocket.
- You liaise directly with the purchaser – no middle man
- Active promotion of your art through the ART ST Facebook page, Instagram and Twitter, networking events and other ad-hoc advertising
- Have your own web page within the ART ST website
- The website and your web page will be completely managed by ART ST. No need for you to remember another username and password and struggle with uploading content
- Network with other Artists in ART ST
- Great exposure.
- Ad hoc opportunities to exhibit
- Particiapte in a monthly painting group
- 10% discount on Flying Arts insurance
- Discounts on good quality CreateArt canvases
Costs consist of a yearly Subscription Fee during which time your webpage and listed artwork will appear on our website.
In adition to the Subscription Fee is a Listing Fee which is charged each time a piece of artwork is uploaded to the website. When we develop your webpage we encourage you to list at least 4 pieces of art. This shows prospective buyers that your art is consistent.
- Annual Subscription Fee:
$420 per year (that's $1.15 per day!)
- Listing Fee:
1 to 3 listings - $35 each; or
4 listings - $125; or
more than 4 listings - $125 for 4 plus $30 for each listing over 4
NB: All listings must be provided at the same time.
- Renewal of Subscription:
NB: To keep our artwork fresh, the duration that each Listing (or artwork) appears on the website is minimum 2 years, unless the subscription is not renewed. When an Artist's subscription expires, everything relating to that artist will be deleted from the website, including the listings.
All prices above include GST
Transactions with Art Buyers
The buyer will contact you directly. Your contact details will be displayed on your webpage for our customers (or, if you do not wish your details to be displayed, you can be contacted via an enquiry form where email address will be encrypted). You will liaise directly with the customer to arrange a viewing of your art and determine payment options i.e. by cheque, direct debit or cash.
ART ST's Reputation
As Art St's reputation will depend on how well our Artists deal with buyers and prospective buyers, each Artist's page will include feedback by the buyers and ratings, similar to that on EBay. Buyers will be asked to provide feedback on the transaction and their experience with the Artist. This should encourage Artists to be prompt and polite in their responses to prospective buyers and to provide a great customer service.
One bad experience with an Art St Artist could affect the other Artists and Art St. I am sure you would agree that this is something we would all like to avoid.
All Art St Artists will be asked to agree to our standard Terms and Conditions.