ART ST NEWS
Art Exhibitions Brisbane - coming up!
ART ST Artists regularly participate in exhibitions and competitions in and around Brisbane.
Nothing beats seeing an artwork in the flesh! Our website is good, but you can't see the texture, the brush-strokes or smell the linseed!
We are all hoping for a better year in 2021 with lots of exhibitions and, of course, painting!
See below for who is exhibiting where over the next few months:
- BRISBANE EKKA FINE ARTS SHOW
This award is an annual event and a part of the Brisbane Ekka.
See a great range of artworks by Australian Artists.
ART ST Artists: Karen Collins, Sheryl Fainges
Runs 7015 August 2021
Exhibition Showgrounds, Bowen Hills, Brisbane
- D'ARCY DOYLE ART AWARDS
This award is an annual event and originally established to honour D'Arcy Doyle, one of Australia's most well know artists who lived in Mudgeeraba.
See landscapes, portraits and still life paintngs by Australian Artists - overy 500 works.
ART ST Artists: Karen Collins;
Runs 23 June to 4 July 2021
Mudgeeraba School of Arts Memorial Hall, 62 Railway St, Mudgeeraba
- LETHBRIDGE 20000 SMALL SCALE ART AWARD
Open to all Australian and international Artists; artworks up to 61cm in height, width or depth; judging is based on three equally evaluated criteria of creativity, originality and skill.
ART ST Artists: Marianne Grigore, Karen Collins; Salon des Refuses: Marianne Grigore, Karen Collins, Max Butler, Glenmary Swan, Peter Kowalenko, Margaret Frost.
Runs 18-26 June, 2021
Lethbridge Gallery, 136 Latrobe Tce, Paddington
- Samford Arts Trail
An Annual event which this year includes 25 open studios in and around the beautiful Samford Valley.
Learn more at https://creativesamford.com/2021-arts-trail/
You can see Lance Boucaut's gorgeous paintings of Brisbane streetscapes every weekend in June from 10am-4pm in his purpose built gallery.
38 Davison Rd, Camp Mountain.
- ART ST @ the ArtSpace, RBWH
Open to all ART ST Artists, 2D painting of any subject.
Runs 2-27 August, 2021
Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital, Butterfield St, Herston
Hot off the Easels
All our latest art can be seen on our “Hot off the Easels” page! Here, you can view a great range of all the latest paintings by ART ST Artists. We have lots of new paintings of Brisbane, landscapes, seascapes, animal art, still lifes, flower paintings, abstract art and contemporary art.
Keep an eye on our "View Art Requests" page to see the Art Requests as they are submitted. I just love seeing the artists interpretations of these requests.
This is ART ST's risk free, no obligation way to purchase a specific artwork. It is similar to commissioning an artist, but better! Perfect for your home or office or to give your loved ones something special they can admire for years to come.
Learn more on our Art Request page.
Other recent Art Requests have included paintings of "Chinese style zodiac animals travelling together in a natural scape", an "orange cat with regal mane" and"Mt Begbie - Canada, an abstract female incorporating tribal nature.
[paintings below by Karen Collins, Marianne Grigore, Kathleen Rousseaux, Peter Kowalenko]
If you would like to learn more or request some art, simply complete the form which can be found on our Art Request page. The details will be distributed to all our Artists and you will have a few artworks from which to choose!
What have our Artists been up to?
ART ST loves to see our Artists exhibiting around Brisbane and they are usually very active!
- Ipswich Art Awards
An annual event and the foremost visual arts awards for the Ipswich region. It showcases and profiles established and emerging artists in the region.
ART ST Artists: Karen Collins
May 2021, North Ipswich Reserve Corporate Centre
- Lethbridge Landscape Prize
Open to all national and international Artists; 2D and 3D artwork and selecting "the finest landscape artwork in the country".
ART ST Artists: Marianne Grigore
Max Butler (Salon de Refuses online), Angela Wilson (Salon de Refuses online)
Runs 29 April to 9 May, 2021
Lethbridge Gallery, 136 Latrobe Tce, Paddington
- Toowoomba Grammar Art Show
More than 800 artworks by 250 selected Artists from all over Austrlia
ART ST Artists: Karen Collins
26-28 March, 2021
Toowoomba Grammar School Assembly Hall
- Easter Art Show, Shorncliffe
Open to all Artists
ART ST Artists: Helene Rawson, Lance Boucaut, Glenmary Swan
1-3 April, 2021
- ABSTRACTION - Royal Qld Art Society
Open to all Artists who are encouraged to show their interpretation of "abstracted reality"
ART ST Artists: Marianne Grigore.
Runs 4 - 22 February 2021, 162 Petrie Tce, Brisbane.
CommissionsLots of our artists are happy to provide commissioned artwork. Simply contact them directly. Each Artists’ contact details can be found on the website. You can see a list of all of our artists on our Meet our Artists page.
Don't forget we have Gift Certificates available for an amazing and original gift for someone special!
Where can you physically view artworks in Brisbane?
We recently received a phone call from a prospective customer advising that he wished to purchase some original artwork by a local artist and asking where he could physically view our works. I replied that ART ST is an online (or virtual) gallery. We facilitate the sale of art directly from Artists to collector and allow the art buyers to can get to know the Artist behind the art. We are a friendly bunch!
His phone call has prompted me to add this information to our website. I do hope you find it helpful.
Most of our ART ST Artists have home studio/galleries where they welcome visitors and would be happy to discuss visiting you so you can see the work/s insitu. Alas, I do know that won’t work for some people who may feel the pressure of wanting to buy something but not actually liking anything - awkward! None of our Artists would ever pressure a prospective customer to make a purchase and I know that most artists would rather not sell a painting at all unless they know it will be appreciated for many years, if not forever. And God forbid it should end up in the garage! It is unfortunate that at this time ART ST isn’t in a position to open a shopfront art gallery.
Generally, Brisbane artists find it extremely difficult to exhibit their artworks because of lack of suitable venues and the high cost of rental. It is also difficult to acquire gallery representation which I suspect is mainly due the the low number of art galleries in Brisbane. This was one of the reasons I started ART ST - to help artists show their works!
Should you wish to physically view a painting before making a purchase and you are not comfortable visiting an Artist's studio, Brisbane does offer a few options which I have listed below:
- Royal Qld Art Society, Petrie Tce, Brisbane: Holds regular mainly group and some solo exhibitions and shows some exceptional artworks by some very talented emerging artists (including ART ST Artists). Very reasonably priced. Easy, free on street parking. $
- Macleay Island Arts Centre: Supports artists living on Southern Moreton Bay Islands. Offers regular exhibitions and workshops. Pop in and say "Hi" to Catherine Marsh, the Gallery Co-ordinator. $
- Latrobe Art Space, Paddington: This gallery is hired by non-represented Artists wishing to exhibit and is managed by Lethbridge Gallery (see below). It also is the venue for spill-over from some of Lethbridge Gallery’s exhibitions. $
- Metcalf Gallery, Brisbane Institute of Art, Windsor: Twice yearly, this gallery holds end of semester exhibitions of works completed by the students. Very reasonably priced and some excellent artworks are available. They also hold regular exhibitions of non-represented students and artists who hire the gallery. You will regularly see works by some of ART ST's artists here. $
- Lethbridge Gallery, Paddington: Professional art gallery which represents a host of established (predominately) Brisbane Artists. Also holds Fine Art Auctions where you could pick up a bargain! And facilitates 4 major Brisbane Art Awards. $$
- Mitchell Fine Art: Edwina Corlette, Jan Murphy Gallery, Red Hill Gallery, New Farm and Red Hill respectively: Professional art galleries which represent a host of well established Australian Artists. $$
- Philip Bacon Galleries, New Farm: Professional art gallery which represents a host of established Australian Artists. $$
On the art show/competition calendar for next year are:
I do hope you manage to find some paintings you love! You will know when you do, because you won’t be able to stop thinking about them!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That’s all our news for the time being! If we can help you with any artwork, please visit us at www.artst.com.au or contact me, Karen Collins, on Ph: 0413 852 774.