ART ST NEWS
Please share our news with your friends!
by Karen Collins, ART ST owner and founder
After a wonderful 2017, ART ST and our Artists are eagerly looking forward to another artistic year with lots of new art in 2018.
Here is a quick review of ART ST in 2017:
|2||Group ART ST Exhibitions – Country to Coast and at the ArtSpace, Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital|
|7||Artists won awards – Joy Connell, Anne Armstrong, Margaret Frost, Diane McDonald, Max Butler, Deb Brown, Janice Lamb|
|25||The number of competitions our Artists have been accepted as finalists for and exhibited in|
|8||Art Requests – 7 were purchased by the Requester; 2 by others|
Top 5 website pages in 2017 (after the Home page):
|1||Oils and Acrylics - Navigation page containing all the categories|
|2||Latest Art, Hot off the easels|
|4||Meet our Artists|
|5||Paintings of Brisbane|
Art Exhibitions Brisbane
Our Artists regularly participate in exhibitions and competitions in and around Brisbane. See below for who is exhibiting where over the next few months:
ANNE ARMSTRONG Solo Exhibition at Brisbane's Treasury Hotel
Located in the heart of the city and in one of Brisbane's most beautiful historic buildings is the Treasury Hotel, 130 William St, Brisbane. Anne's paintings which feature Brisbane's beautiful architecture and landscapes can be found in their fine dining LAB Restaurant and Bar and also in Ryan's on the Park. Runs for the month of May.
Ryan’s is open Mon 7-8pm; Tue to Fri 7am-10pm; Sat 10.30am-10pm; Sun 10.30am-8pm
The Lab is open: Mon to Fri 6.30-10.30am and Sat & Sun 7-11am and 1-3pm; and daily 6–10pm
On 29 May the Treasury is holding an exclusive "Art of the Palate" event. This dinner combines an award-winning selection of wines accompanying a carefully curated four course meal. Meet the Artist (Anne) and the Winemaker! Tickets available at Treasury website.
- This year's BRISBANE ROTARY ART SPECTACULAR will feature lots of our ART ST Artists! Artists Australia-wide must be invited to enter. Congratultations to our invited artists who have also become finalists: Deb Brown, Theresa Rule, Margaret Frost, Terri Vidler, Max Butler, Janice Lamb, Lance Boucaut, Brian Isbester, Angela Wilson and Karen Collins. The exhibition will be held in the foyer of CP1, Cnr Creek and Queen Sts, 14-19 May with opening night on 14 May.
- Terri Vidler is currently exhibiting two paintings at Bribie Arts Centre Gallery, Sunderland Drive, Bribie Island,
- Happy's Cafe,
Bongaree, Bribie Island. Happy's Cafe has a whole wall with art by 7 local artists (including Terri) and new art is installed on the first of each month; and
From 12 January to 30 June 2018, she will be exhibiting eleven new artworks at St Vincent's Private Hospital, 411 Main St, Kangaroo Point in the Level 4 lounge area for patients and visitors. All works are for sale and commission on sales is donated to the hospital's arts programme which assists patients in their recovery.
- Angela Wilson currently has some of her paintings on consignment to
Makersville, 144 Main Street, Montville Qld
- Roslyn Howse is exhibiting some of her paintings at Ascot Dental, 118 Racecourse Road, Ascot Qld.
If you are interested in seeing one of our paintings in the flesh, please don't hesitate to contact the Artist directly. He/she would be very happy to arrange a viewing for you.
New ART ST Artists
Stay tuned - new Artists will be joining soon!
Our current featured Artist is JANICE LAMB.
Brisbane Artist Janice Lamb paints for the sheer enjoyment of painting! Her artworks are as lively and cheerful as she is! She loves paint and lots of bright colours. Janice has been a member of ART ST for almost three years.Learn more about Janice and view her wonderful art
Hot off the Easels
All our latest art can be seen on our “Hot off the Easels” page! Here, you can view a great range of all the latest paintings by ART ST Artists. We have lots of new paintings of Brisbane, landscapes, seascapes, animal art, still lifes, flower paintings, abstract art, cityscapes and contemporary art.
Keep an eye on our "View Art Requests" page to see the Art Requests as they are submitted. I just love seeing the artists interpretations of these requests.
We currently have one Art Request in progress. The request is for a painting to represent QUT e.g. old court yard or old Parliament House. This one is due at the end of January. Check the "View Art Requests" again to see what our artists come up with! We love to see how creative they can be and how different the paintings are when they have been painted from the same description!
If you would like to learn more or request some art, simply complete the form which can be found on our Art Request page. The details will be distributed to all our Artists and hopefully you will have a few artworks from which to choose!
What have our Artists been up to?
For full details on where, when and who is exhibiting, please see Artists Exhibiting on our website.
ART ST loves to see our Artists exhibiting around Brisbane and they are usually very active! Nothing beats seeing an artwork in the flesh. Internet is good, but you can't see the texture, the brush-strokes or smell the linseed!
- Terri Vidler exhibited six new artworks (as part of the M & A Exhibition) at Matthew Flinders Gallery. There were over 100 artworks in all. Dec/Jan 2018
- The Artist Tree, Mt Tamborine is a vibrant art gallery which showcases emerging and established artists. Amongst these, Sheryl Fainges exhibited 14 of her artworks. Dec/Jan 2018.
- Petrie Terrace Gallery, Abstract Exhibition featured artworks by local artists including Roslyn Howse. 7 - 24 Feb
- Treasury Hotel - Art of the Pallete. ART ST's Lance Boucaut and Angela Wilsonheld solo exhibitions in one of Brisbane's most beautiful historic buildings. Each exhibition was for the entire month (Lance in February and Angela in April) where the paintings where exhibited in their fine dining LAB Restaurant and Bar and also in Ryan's on the Park. At the end of the month, an exclusive dinners was held. The "Art of the Palate" event combined an award-winning selection of wines accompanying a carefully curated four course meal. Meet the Artist and the Winemaker! George St, Brisbane
- The Morris Art Prize, is sponsored by Siromet, featured artwork by professional and emerging arists from around Australia including ART ST's Janice Lamb and Karen Collins. The theme for it's inaugural year was "Brisbane to Byron" and the exhibition was held in a newly constructed exhibition space at Carrara Markets. 3-11 March.
- Able Art Gallery held an exhibition for their members, including Joy Connell. There was a great eclectic mix of vibrant art on display. April , 27 Coral St, Loganlea.
- ANGELA WILSON held a solo exhibition at Brisbane's Treasury Hotel during April. Located in the heart of the city and in one of Brisbane's most beautiful historic buildings is the Treasury Hotel. Angela's paintings can be found in their fine dining LAB Restaurant and Bar and also in Ryan's on the Park.
- BRIAN ISBESTER shortlisted for Brisbane Institute of Art's Milburne Prize. Brian has been shortlisted once again for the prestigious Milburn Art Prize! Hundreds of artists enter this prize, which is open to all artists from SE Qld and Northern NSW, but only 40 are shortlisted. Congratulations Brian!! 28 April to 11 May.
Lots of our artists are happy to provide commissioned artwork. Simply contact them directly. Each Artists’ contact details can be found on the website. You can see a list of all of our artists on our Meet our Artists page.
Don't forget we have Gift Certificates available for those last minute Christmas gifts!
That’s all our news for the time being! If we can help you with any artwork, please visit us at www.artst.com.au or contact me, Karen Collins, on Ph: 0413 852 774.
View ART ST News Archive >> for news pre-December 2017.